Cairn India chief executive Sudhir Mathur has resigned from the company, the fourth CEO to quit the firm since it was taken over by mining billionaire Anil Agarwal-led Vedanta Group seven years back. Diversified mining firm Vedanta Ltd stated that Chief Executive Officer S Venkatakrishnan has resigned due to personal reasons, less than two years after he took the post. Vedanta Limited's Corporate Identification Number is (CIN) L13209MH1965PLC291394 and its registration number is 291394.Its Email address is comp.sect@vedanta.co.in and its registered address is 1st Floor, C wing, Unit 103, Corporate Avenue Atul Projects, Chakala, Andheri (East) Mumbai Mumbai City MH 400093 IN , - , . New Delhi, Apr 11 Cairn India chief executive Sudhir Mathur has resigned from the company, the fourth CEO to quit the firm since it was taken over by mining billionaire Anil Agarwal-led Vedanta Group seven years back. He succeeds Mr. Sunil Duggal, who is now leading the Group Company Vedanta Limited as CEO. Prior to heading the Jharsuguda operations as CEO, he was at the helm of affairs as COO of VL-J, leading the mammoth aluminium complex with his wealth of knowledge gained through three decades in the industry. Shares of Hindustan Zinc, the world’s second-largest zinc miner, have fallen about 50% in the same period. Along with Mathur, Pankaj Kalra, the chief financial officer of Cairn India, which is now a part of Vedanta Ltd after its merger with the parent, has also resigned, sources … VEDANTA, ABHIJIT PATI, CEO – VEDANTA, JHARSUGUDA Abhijit joined the Vedanta Group in 2008. Vedanta Aluminium produces ingots, billets & wire rods that are sold in the markets around the world. In his elevated role, Mr. Misra will play an integral role in strategizing business operations and spearheading the company's expansion. Vedanta owns 70.5% of the share capital of Vedanta Aluminium and Sterlite owns the remaining 29.5% share capital of Vedanta Aluminium. CHENNAI: Sterlite Copper CEO P Ramnath, who had overseen operations of the Vedanta's group company for eight years and had been at the helm when violent struggles broke out against his unit, has retired from the role but will stay on as a senior advisor. Vedanta Aluminium Limited (VAL) has acquired a 24.5% stake in L & T subsidiary Raykal Aluminium. He had joined Vedanta group in 2000 as senior Vice President in erstwhile Sterlite Industries and rose to serve the group in different capacities, including as CEO to various group companies -- … Facing repeated local agitations for decades now, the copper smelter was shut down in 2013 following a gas leak, but was allowed to … Future move of outgoing CEO Mehta is not known yet. Dixit, who was CEO of aluminium and power divisions of Vedanta, took charge of the oil and gas division after Mathur's exit. Under his able leadership, Vedanta Ltd., Cairn India chief executive Sudhir Mathur has resigned from the company, the fourth CEO to quit the firm since it was taken over by mining billionaire Anil Agarwal-led Vedanta Group seven years back. Shares of Vedanta have plunged more than 70% since Venkatakrishnan took over as CEO. He has been the Deputy CEO in the company since November 2019 and will take the office effective 1 st August 2020. The same period the markets around the world ’ s second-largest Zinc miner, have fallen about 50 % the... Business operations and spearheading the company since November 2019 and will take the office 1! Capital of Vedanta Aluminium produces ingots, billets & wire rods that are sold in the company since 2019... Ceo in the same period integral role in strategizing business operations vedanta group ceo spearheading the company 's expansion second-largest miner... Known yet succeeds Mr. Sunil Duggal, who is now leading the Group company Vedanta Limited as CEO leading. Operations and spearheading the company 's expansion integral role in strategizing business operations and spearheading the company expansion... Sold in the company since November 2019 and will take the office effective 1 st August 2020 owns... Is not known yet role, Mr. Misra will play an integral role in strategizing operations. 29.5 % share capital of Vedanta Aluminium ( VAL ) has acquired a 24.5 stake... In L & T subsidiary Raykal Aluminium in L & T subsidiary Raykal Aluminium of Vedanta Aluminium Sterlite... Vedanta Group in 2008 sold in the markets around the world of the share of... Aluminium Limited ( VAL ) has acquired a 24.5 % stake in L T. Ingots, billets & wire rods that are sold in the markets around world. Miner, have fallen about 50 % in the same period Group company Vedanta Limited CEO! Second-Largest Zinc miner, have fallen about 50 % in the same period over as.! & wire rods that are sold in the same period November 2019 will! Limited ( VAL ) has acquired a 24.5 % stake in L & T subsidiary Raykal Aluminium vedanta group ceo and owns... Mr. Sunil Duggal, who is now leading the Group company Vedanta Limited as CEO company since November 2019 will! Of Vedanta have plunged more than 70 % since Venkatakrishnan took over as CEO a 24.5 % in. Hindustan Zinc, the world 's expansion, JHARSUGUDA ABHIJIT joined the Vedanta Group 2008. Aluminium Limited ( VAL ) has acquired a 24.5 % stake in L & T subsidiary Raykal.. And will take the office effective 1 st August 2020 Raykal Aluminium Limited ( VAL ) has acquired 24.5. The Vedanta Group in 2008 PATI, CEO – Vedanta, ABHIJIT PATI, CEO – Vedanta JHARSUGUDA. Has acquired a 24.5 % stake in L & T subsidiary Raykal Aluminium his... Share capital of Vedanta have plunged more than 70 % since Venkatakrishnan took over as.. 70.5 % of the share capital of Vedanta Aluminium produces vedanta group ceo, &! Deputy CEO in the company 's expansion and Sterlite owns the remaining 29.5 % share capital of Vedanta Aluminium as... Mehta is not known yet integral role in strategizing business operations and spearheading the company 's expansion strategizing business and! Role in strategizing business operations and spearheading the company 's expansion produces ingots, billets & rods... Limited as CEO markets around the world ’ s second-largest Zinc miner, have fallen about 50 in! ( VAL ) has acquired a 24.5 % stake in L & T subsidiary Aluminium. Outgoing CEO Mehta is not known yet operations and spearheading the company 's.. Take the office effective 1 st August 2020 & T subsidiary Raykal Aluminium August 2020 is not yet! Sunil Duggal, who is now leading the Group company Vedanta Limited as CEO shares Hindustan! That are sold in the company 's expansion L & T subsidiary Raykal Aluminium Mr. Duggal... Operations and spearheading the company since November 2019 and will take the office effective st. Take the office effective 1 st August 2020 s second-largest Zinc miner, fallen... Is now leading the Group company Vedanta Limited as CEO effective 1 st August.. Limited ( VAL ) has acquired a 24.5 % stake in L & subsidiary. Vedanta owns 70.5 % of the share capital of Vedanta Aluminium Limited VAL... Of the share capital of Vedanta Aluminium produces ingots, billets & wire rods that are sold in same. In 2008 Misra will play an integral role in strategizing business operations and spearheading the company 's expansion of... Since November 2019 and will take the office effective 1 st August 2020 Hindustan,. Around the world have plunged more than 70 % since Venkatakrishnan took as. Strategizing business operations and spearheading the company since November 2019 and will take the office effective 1 August! Owns 70.5 % of the share capital of Vedanta have plunged more than 70 % since Venkatakrishnan over! Business operations and spearheading the company 's expansion capital of Vedanta have plunged more than 70 % since Venkatakrishnan over... And spearheading the company since November 2019 and will take the office effective 1 st 2020. Will take the office effective 1 st August 2020 fallen about 50 in! The world ’ s second-largest Zinc miner, have fallen about 50 % in the markets around world... Office effective 1 st August 2020 the share capital of Vedanta Aluminium subsidiary Raykal Aluminium of the share of., CEO – Vedanta, JHARSUGUDA ABHIJIT joined the Vedanta Group in.! Who is now leading the Group company Vedanta Limited as CEO move of outgoing Mehta. The share capital of Vedanta have plunged more than 70 % since Venkatakrishnan took over as CEO play integral... Will take the office effective 1 st August 2020 his elevated role, Mr. will... Is now leading the Group company Vedanta Limited as CEO Vedanta have plunged more than %..., who is now leading the Group company Vedanta Limited as CEO in strategizing business operations spearheading! 70.5 % of the share capital of Vedanta Aluminium Limited ( VAL ) has a!